Welcome to the Horowhenua Hockey Association website. Please click on the headings along the top of the Home page and use the drop down columns to look for the information you require.
Please refer to “Contact Us” (above) for our part time office hours and contact details.
Please refer to the HHA Turf Calendar (above) for availability, then either phone or email the HHA office to make your turf booking or for turf fees. Please also check with the Office if you require the use of our Pavilion or any of our other facilities.
Levin Women’s Team – Players Required
The Levin Women’s Team urgently require more senior players.
If you would like to join the team or require more information, please contact:
Karen Morley on 06 367366 (H) or 0274 175815
2014 PRIMARY SCHOOL TWILIGHT HOCKEY
Primary School Twilight hockey has commenced. The draw has been sent to schools and can also be viewed under draw’s (above). Cancellations will be notified to schools no later than 1.oopm on game day. The turf shop will be open from 3.30pm – 5.30pm on game day selling mouthguards & refreshments.
BUSINESS HOUSE HOCKEY 2014
The 2014 season commenced on Friday 21st February. The draw for this Friday has been emailed out to the team contact & can be viewed under draw’s (above). Cancellations will be advised via this website no later than 3.00pm Friday’s.
JOB OPPORTUNITY AT H.H.A
The Horowhenua Hockey Association is considering appointing a part time Financial Administrator in 2014. We are seeking expressions of interest from people who have experience and sound knowledge of accounting and book keeping procedures, preferably with a sports background. This may suit someone who can work from home and be flexible with hours during the year. Remuneration will be discussed if you are selected for an interview. A job description can be viewed below. Applicants are to forward a current C.V expressing your interest to: H.H.A. P.O. Box 326, Levin or email: email@example.com
Primary Responsibility: You will be responsible for the financial management of the Horowhenua Hockey Association, liaising with the HHA President and Operations Manager.
Liaise with the HHA President and Operations Manager
· Make payments online ready for authorisation (all accounts to be kept current, unless instructed otherwise)
· Follow up debtor invoices for collection
· Analysis of Banklink
· Prepare the monthly financial statement for report at the monthly Committee meetings
· Maintain accurate records of current income and expenditure
· Manage all long/short term Investments as directed by the Committee
· Meet and liaise with Representative team managers to compile and balance a financial statement prior to and after Representative seasons
· Ensure annual returns are filed with the relevant Government department
· Prepare annual financial accounts for auditing and provide the auditor with information as required.
You will be required to:
· Be well organized, flexible, keep good records, allocate regular time periods to maintain the Associations books, work in a logical orderly manner, be aware of information needing to be kept for the annual audit, complete and pass Police Vetting requirements
NOTIFICATION OF THE HHA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of the HHA is to be held on Tuesday March 18th, 7.30pm at the Halliwell Turf. All welcome.
REPRESENTATIVE HOCKEY 2014
Have you considered playing at a Representative level??
If so, we would like to hear from eligible Under 15 and Under 18 Boy’s and Girl’s. The Hockey Association can start to gage interest now as we work towards the 2014 season. If your keen to play and want to be considered at Representative level, send us your information as soon as possible. Forms can be found at the top of this page, by going to: Draws/Forms, look under Winter hockey, then Rep team documents, then scroll down to U/15 boys or girls. Fill this in, either post, email or fax us your details. Look under “contact us” for the Associations contact details.
Click on the link below to view the Hockey New Zealand website.