Archive for September, 2011
Business House 6-aside Hockey – Entry Form
START: ROUND STARTS Friday 28th October 2011
GAMES: Dependant on number of teams entered we may have some nights some teams will be required to play two games.
UMPIRES: Please name anyone you know is / would be interested in umpiring.
ENTRY FEE: $120.00 per team for 6 weeks of competition – $20.00 game fee to be paid each night
Fees discounted to $100.00 per team if paid by 20th October 2011.
Direct Credit Details: Horowhenua Hockey Association: Westpac 03 0667 0267707 00
Or $20.00 payable each night, on the night
POINTS: Win = 3 points Draw = 2 points
Default = 3 points (5 nil result) Loss = O points
Bonus Point = 1 point to losing team if within 2 goals of
RULES: Attached is a list of rules – Please read carefully. Any
team/player not abiding by the rules will be asked to
leave the competition. Any team not abiding by the rule
of the amount of hockey players allowed for their grade will forfeit their points for that game.
EQUIPMENT: Ball provided
Use of MOUTHGUARDS recommended
DRAW: Faxed or e-mailed to Team Contact Person
Any cancellations will be texted to a nominated Team contact, and it is then up to that person to contact the rest of their team. Cancellations will be made no later than 5pm.
Business House Hockey Entry Form
Cell Number for text cancellations:
Team Names Hockey Player? Y/N
Preferred Grade: Competitive Social
Name of Umpire: Ph #:
Entries Close Friday 14th October 2011
Email email@example.com or Fax 3675354
ALL ENQUIRES PHONE 3675353
Business House 6-aside Hockey
Following is the information for another round of business house hockey commencing on Friday 28th October 2011. Finals night to be determined when team numbers are known .
We have re defined a hockey player as follows:- “a hockey player is a person who has or does play competitive hockey”
Team members must be named at time of entry otherwise we will select your grade for you.
New ruling – In the Social grade if teams are short on the night they can borrow a player from another Social grade team to fill in. Competitive grade players cannot play social grade but social players can fill in, in competitive teams – but they must have a mouthguard. On finals night players may only play in their nominated team (i.e. only play one game)
Family Grade – Teams to have minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 Adults on turf at one time
Teams will be rostered on to help in the kitchen and run the clock – 2 people required in the kitchen and one person for the clock/umpires etc – please make sure you turn up!. The draw, game cards etc will all be done ready so it is only a matter of having people on hand to do the rest.
If you have any queries please contact Fiona at the Turf on 3675353.
BUSINESS HOUSE HOCKEY RULES
* Pushing the ball only – no hitting
* No lifted ball at any time
* No abuse of umpires will be tolerated
* The ball may not touch any part of any player’s body.
* No goal keeper or kicking back
* No body contact, no stick hacking and no ball obstruction
* No deliberate sliding – especially in goal area
* All defenders to be 5 metres away from every free push
* Ball over back line by a defender – a free push to the attackers
to be taken from the back line 5 metres from the edge of circle
* A free push to attacking team within 5 metres of circle edge is to be taken
back to 5 metres from circle edge
* Ball over back line by attacking team – a free push to defenders from top of circle edge
* No more than SIX players to be on the turf at one time – at least TWO of
whom must be female
* SOCIAL GRADE – a maximum of TWO hockey players on the turf per team at one time for SOCIAL GRADE
FAMILY GRADE – Minimum of TWO and maximum of THREE adult players on turf at one time
* Rolling substitute players – no break in play needed to substitute – player on turf must leave before new player can enter game
* Games will be 15 minutes each way with no half time break
* Distinctive colours to be worn by teams
* Clean soft rubber soled shoes to be worn
* Normal turf user rules apply – no food, no spitting, no smoking, no dirty shoes, no sprigs etc
* No peak caps to be worn during game
* In the Social grades if teams are short on the night they can borrow a player from another Social grade team to fill in. Competitive grade players cannot play social grade but social players can fill in, in competitive teams – but they must have a mouthguard. On finals night players may only play in their nominated team (i.e. only play one game)
* Intermediate or Primary aged children allowed to play in FAMILY GRADE ONLY
* Secondary schools players/teams are welcome.
Unfortunately, due to the rain, we are unable to hold the prizegiving on the turf today (Saturday 24th September) so the certificates and trophies will be handed on to the schools to be presented at school assemblies.
Thank you all very much for a fantastic season and we look forward to seeing you all again next year!
The Horowhenua Hockey junior prize giving (Years 1-8) will be held at the
Halliwell Hockey Turf
Saturday 24th September
We are having all the grades together on the one morning this year as there were several variables that just didn’t make it work for individual prize givings – plus it means all the certificatescan be ready in time instead of hurriedly trying to write them out as soon as the whistle is blown on the final!
Hopefully the weather will be on our side – if it is not though and we have to cancel, notification will be made on 104.2 More FM that morning.
A postponement date will then be given.
If you have any trophies that need to come back please get in touch with Fiona 36 75353 or 027 4676 462 (HORO HOC)